Wednesday, October 8, 2014

South Bound 3 - Pingtung


 Taichung Kaohsiung Pingtung then an overnight trip to up to Tainan and then back to Pingtung

     As we exited the train on a arriving in Pingtung it truly felt like another part of the world. Surrounded by palm trees with a strange ashy smell in the air, it was as if we had come to stop in a jungle. It was the epitome of the countryside far away from the lights and crowds of the city.
     Although we were staying at a relatively bigger home than the others we had visited, we were once again without wifi so I took the time to catch up with some reading and watch some American movies I had never heard of. Many of the American movies I've seen on tv or on the train here I've never even heard of before!
     We didn't get to see many of the sights of Pingtung but instead found ourselves at another fancy mall. Now I may not have explained this but we have frequented many malls here, mostly because we enjoy going to the food courts lol. The food is still very well priced, although not as cheap as on the streets, plus there is air conditioning and fairly clean restrooms. We found our first Daiso of Taiwan and those of you who know about Diaso will understand the excitement. At the top floor was a movie theater and once we checked prices we decided to go ahead and see a film. They have this weird movie experience here where the seats move called D-box but we opted for a less nauseating option. I had been wanting to see Annabelle, and it had just come out so it was time for our first Taiwan movie experience. The theater was well sized and clean and the seats were comfy enough. Apparently the girls here are just as annoying as the ones back home during scary movies. As for the film it was subtitled so Yue and I could enjoy it in it's original format and not worry about horrible dubs. The movie was terrifying for me but I also have a fear of creepy dolls so that might have made it more frightening for me.


We had CocoCurry for lunch and it was my first time trying it even though I saw it all over Japan. It tasted just like I imagined aha like Japanese curry! Yue got herself a latte as well.
                          
             


    The next day we went to Tainan daaaadadadaaa (/・0・)


No comments:

Post a Comment